I’ve decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day a little more this year by doing a count down where I post EVERYDAY for 5 days straight until the big day! Anyway, today I’m going to be sharing a few of my favorite nail designs for Valentine’s Day!
The first one is super simple! All you need is a pink nail polish and and a glitter nail polish of your choice!
Th next one is a little more tricky- You’re going to need a white nail polish, red nail polish, and either a booby pin or a toothpick. Paint all of your nails red except one, paint that one white. Once everything dries, take the bobby pin or toothpick and use it to make a red heart on the white nail.
The last one is my FAVE♥
This Scrabble inspired nail art is so easy and classy!!
You just need a beige or brown polish, a black polish, and a doter tool or toothpick.
First paint a base coat and then use the tool of your choice to write out the letters along with a small number in the lower left corner and that’s all!
I hope you enjoyed this! I’m super excited to do this countdown- It’s going to be super fun ya’ll ☺
****PSA: I MADE A NEW INSTAGRAM FOR MY BLOG AND YOUTUBE SO GO FOLLOW THAT PLZ (@itsme.amieg) ALSO WHILE YOU’RE AT IT CHECK OUT MY PERSONAL ACC (@ayeitsamie) TYSM I ♥U ****
Okay so I was thinking about starting ANOTHER blog for all the tips and tricks I’ve learned about saving money BUT I decided to just try out making it a series on here since I’ve only been blogging for a month (YES, it will be a month tomorrow omg I know!!!!!). I’ve still got a long way to go to build up this blog so I don’t think I have the time to build up another one at the same time SO without further-a-do here’s my new (potential) blog series!
Okay so today I’m going to share a few of my ways to save money in everyday life!
- COUPON- this is probably one of the most popular way to save. I’m starting to dabble in coupon-ing and I’ve actually saved a pretty penny so far! (Tell me in the comments below if you’d like a post all about coupon-ing and how to!)
- SHOP AT A DISCOUNT/CLUB STORE – I’ve recently started doing majority of my shopping at Sams Club and Aldi (no, you cannot coupon there): ) and I’ve cut my weekly grocery bill down from $130 to about $70.
- STOP EATING OUT- This was so hard for me; I literally only eat 2 meals a day and I went from BOTH being fast food to BOTH being a meal I cooked and preped the Sunday before. I used to spend around $600 a MONTH on food now I spend less than $300.
Sorry it’s so short but I wanted to get it up today instead of tomorrow! Tell me what you think in the comments and if I should make this a real thing!
Also follow my new Instagram accounts @itsme.amieg and @mua.amie
I have yet again slacked off on Dupe Day ))): I have so many big things in store for ya’ll that I completely forgot that it was Tuesday and I had literally NO Dupes to post.
Anyway– Today I started back up my blog Instagram as well as my hair and makeup Instagram so go follow that for sneak peeks and updates!!
Blog IG- @itsme.amieg
Beauty IG- @mua.amie
ALSO MY SNAPCHAT IS @amybby
Those of you that follow me on Snapchat have probably seen my “Daily Adventures” at least one day this week. Pretty much every time I go for a run, I find these absolutely beautiful areas! So, I do what any girl my age would do and I get out my phone so I can share it with all of my Snapchat friends. Anyway, Today I’m going to be writing about why I run, what struggles I have, and any tips for getting into running.
So lets start with some background info. In March of 2015, I decided after only 1 day of training, I was going to run a half marathon. (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS ITS SO DANGEROUS YOU COULD DIE DON’T DO IT) Total, I ran 3 miles for my “training” and did an hour of yoga. After having a (few) mental breakdown(s), I finished my first half marathon at 2 hours and 17 minutes (that’s pretty dang good) at the age of 15. Crossing that finish line was one of the best feelings ever (because I knew there was free food).
Anyway, last year (2016) I was going to do the half marathon at the beach but I ended up injuring my knee in May. After going to too many doctors to count, I was told I needed a knee replacement. So there I was, 16 years old, getting told how to prepare for a knee replacement when just over a year ago I ran a half marathon. It was crazy. After being on crutches for almost 6 months, I started to get to where I could walk again (without surgery). So I started doing yoga again to try and fix my knee “my way” and after about a month of yoga, I was -almost- back to normal. I talked to a Physical Therapist and he basically said that if I work out more, I’ll be able to fully heal my knee and get back to walking without a limp!
So I did just that. I started doing yoga 12 times a week and I walked more. Eventually, my knee was (what seemed to be) completely healed so I decided to pick up where I left off and start actually training for another half marathon and I LOVED IT. I’ve never loved doing something active as much as I now love running. This is somethings that’s a shocker since I was never the “active” type (I “had my period” literally everyday in middle school just because it got me out of P.E.).
So now lets get to the why. Growing up, I was a bigger child. I was made fun of a lot and I had literally no self confidence. Running is not only a great way to lose weight but it also helps give me confidence in myself. It’s kinda my way of saying “EFFF YOU” to all the mean girls that would torment me in school. There’s just something about pushing yourself to be the best you can be that is so empowering and liberating. After a while, you’ll see results, not only with your body but with your endurance as well. THAT is what made me fall in love with running.
Now my tips!
- DON’T QUIT. You may not want to run today but you should run today! It will make you feel like you can take on the world with one hand behind your back!
- It takes time to see results so don’t get discouraged.
- If I can run, YOU can run!
- Don’t let yourself make excuses.
- You have to want it bad enough to get up and do something about it.
- ALWAYS wear good shoes! Trust me on this. Your legs will want to kill you if you don’t.
- If you run alone, be sure to be safe and carry protection! ( I’m not old enough to buy a gun yet so I carry my stun gun named Becky with me. She’s one of the strongest on the market and will scare the SH!T out of someone with just the sound it makes)
- Remember to eat right! You’ll basically ruin all your progress if you run 3 miles and then go eat some beefaroni and a donut.
Y’all this month has been CRAZY asf! From deciding to move out to starting a blog and even starting up my bath bomb business again; I’ve had a jam packed schedule lately. I’d most definitely be a blabbering mess right now if it wasn’t for my “me time” where I take about an hour to do something I enjoy. This month I’ve found a few new things I enjoy so I thought I’d share my Faves from January!
- Lately, I’ve been loving the e.l.f. BB cream, mainly because I’m super lazy, but also because it matches my skin tone perfectly and smells like sunscreen!
- If you watch my videos on YouTube, you’ll know I love The Balm and I just got my Manizer sisters Trio! It’s so amazing I’d deff recommend!
- My fave skin care item is the Mary Kay Botanical Effects Cleansing Face Wash. It keeps my skin acne free!
- For my birthday, my boyfriend’s mom bought me 3 pair of Lula Roe Leggings and I’m in love!!! Today I’m wearing my valentines day pair ♥
- My most used app of the month is Tumblr- you can follow me artemis-gwen or poppin-pixie-powder for my aesthetic account
- I’ve been killing some online poker lately (no real money of course) I’ve been using the Poker King Texas Holdem app!
- This month’s most played song is on + off by Maggie Rogers
- My fave movie I’ve watched this month is (FINDING DORY but since I watch that every week and I’ve seen it like 53 times I’ll go with my second fave) Trolls! It’s so stinkin cute!!
- I’ve been watching Burn Notice on Netflix a lot this month and I’m addicted♥
- On Hulu, I’ve been binge watching RuPaul’s Drag Race since it’s now “expiring” so I’ve finished season 6! (My fave queen is Adore♥)
- This month’s fave emoji is the Pineapple bc it’s so ~artsy~🍍
That’s all for this month. Hopefully I’ll have more for February!♥
HEY GUYS! Today I’m uploading a video on YouTube so be sure to go watch that (^-^)
Anyway, today’s Dupe Day is going to feature some of my fave products! ♥
- ColourPop is one of my favorite brands y’all don’t understand the love I have for this brand! CP’s Highlighters are the BOMB.COM no matter if they’re dupes or not! Any who, CP’s Wisp($8) is a similar dupe for Becca’s Opal($38). I do love Becca but I feel like I get a better quality from CP.♥
- ELF has made so many dupes for higher end brands and they’re not stopping now! If you love Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop($38) then you’ll love e.l.f.’s baked eye shadow in Enchanted($3). I mean no one will know that your glow is eye shadow so it could be the perfect highlighter!
- Wet n Wild is one of the most underrated brands. Their lippie in “sandstorm” is a perfect match for ABH’s Ashton.
I’m starting a new series called “Behind The Blog” where I tell you a little bit more about myself! This week, I’m keeping it simple and I’m going to tell you 5 facts about myself that you might not know.
- I ran a half marathon when I was only 15. I didn’t train AT ALL (that’s really bad) and my time was still 2:17 (that’s really good). // I’m looking into doing another one this year//
- I teach yoga 6 days a week.
- I’m obsessed with Hippie Vans ♥
- I skipped 3rd grade which let me graduate High School at age 16.
- I absolutely LOVE RuPaul’s Drag Race♥♥♥
YALL. This week Dupe Day is actually going to be posted!! Omg what?!?
Anyways, I found some amazing dupe pics to share!!
I have the JS and I’ve swatched the ABH so I know those are the exact same! The others look like they are!!
I personally do not use MAC products so I wouldn’t know about that one^^
Huda and CP are 2 amazing brands!! I love the Huda palettes and CP has some of my all time fave lippies 😍
But these Dupes are to DIE for 😍😭💕
Kiss Freely has sent me a few items to try out and review for y’all! For those of you who don’t know, Kiss Freely is a brand that is 100% organic and vegan.
Yesterday, I received a package with a body butter, 2 lip glosses, a pink one and a white one, and a hand written note from the owner of the brand.
I am so in love with the body butter! I’ve used a few higher name brands body butters before and they leave my skin feeling greasy or oily. This one doesn’t! It feels like you just put on lotion that is thicker than normal. It works wonders on dry skin though. I had extremely dry elbows, especially during the winter, so I tried the body butter on only my left elbow so I can compare them and there was no contest- the body butter made my elbow feel like I have normal skin after only 2 applications! I used the product when I received it yesterday as well as before bed last night! I was sent a full sized container which they are selling for $16.99 right now! It is so worth it!💕
As for the lip glosses, I like how they feel on my lips and their consistency but I’m not a fan of glosses. (I prefer matte or semi matte lip products) I could see myself wearing this if I ever did want to wear a gloss. It’s easily the best gloss I own (and I own a good bit). 💕
This week’s Adulting 101 is all about one of my fave things, FOOD♥!
Moving out and having decent meals at the same time can be quite difficult. Especially when you’re on a tight budget and only allow yourself $75 a week so you can pay off the hella expensive couch you fell in love with.
So here’s my tips and what I did to stay UNDER my budget and still have enough food for my constant snacking.
Here’s an example of my shopping list for this week:
- 1 box of apple oatmeal
- 1 box of cheese grits
- 1 bag of apples
- 1 bundle of bananas
- 1 bag of red potatoes
- 1 box of cereal
- 1 carton of eggs
- 1 bottle of Ranch
- 2 packs of Turkey Bacon
- 1 bag of broccoli
- 2 cans of corn
- 2 cans of peas
- 2 cans of pasta sauce
- 2 lbs of pasta
- 1 pack of hot dogs
- 1 pack of ham
- 1 jar of applesauce
- 1 bag of Steam-able Fried Rice
- 3 Yogurts
- 3 cans of raviolis
- 2 bags of salad mix
- 1 bag of tomatoes
- 1 bag of cheese
- 1 box of turkey bacon
- 2 bags of Quinoa and brown rice
My total came to just under $64 and I have enough to last 2 weeks.
I planned my list out by making a “menu” filled with 3 meals a day as well as 2 snacks a day. Before, I was eating 2 small meals a day with snacking on the weekend so I planned out more food than I needed. ( I don’t suggest doing this).
My meals were chosen based on what is simple, cheap, and can be reheated.
Here’s an example of my menu for the week. (So far, I’ve probably skipped about half the meals on here.)
I made a list of what I’ll have leftovers of as well as snack alternative so I can change it up when I want to!
So here’s my tips for staying in budget and keeping it simple:
- Check out my pinterest for easy “college dorm meals” These are super yummy and are so easy to make! (https://www.pinterest.com/itsmeamieg/ )
- Shop at Aldis or a Trader Joe’s – You get the same quality but for 50% of the price!
- Calculate the cost per ounce so you can get the most bang for your buck! (for example, would you rather pay $1 for a 2oz jar of PB+J or $4 for a 15oz jar?)
- Be sure to make a list and STICK TO IT! As long as you stick to he list, you should be able to stay in budget.
- Plan your budget based on your local Walmart’s prices and you’ll stay under if you shop at Aldis or Trader Joe’s.
- You can sign up for Walmart’s Grocery program to get the prices of every food item at your local Walmart without leaving home
Next week’s shopping list is projected to be under $20 as of today. Since I’ve saved a good bit of money by staying under budget, I’m allowing myself 1 fast-food meal next weekend. ☺